Being Mrs. Walling

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take... but by the moments that take our breath away!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tallahassee, Florida

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

A new blog, A new life, A new beginning...


Ok, so I went from having my own website www.KerstinGalutera.com to having just a blog. Well, my website no longer exists and if it does, I no longer update it... Obviously, I have a new name for starters. For those of you who didn't already know, I've recently gotten married... Yes, Rob and I have finally tied the knot on May 6th here in Tallahassee... We had the most amazing time. I won't go into details about how the wedding was, because... well, even though I have a blog and a journal (based on wedding planning) before this, some things are still BETTER kept within one's heart and memory than put into writing... besides, I am at a loss for words and I wouldn't even know where to begin describing our special day... Also, it would take me such a long time if I were to describe our wedding day...
Yes, it was VERY detailed... down to the place card calligraphy! *Sigh*... But what a day it was!!! And that night was even more special... it was our very first night... Yeah, I won't go into details on that one either... except that... All I can say is... WAITING patiently bears great rewards in the end... It was quite interesting and such a learning experience... It still is actually... but we're loving every minute of it... or should I say, every hour of it... haha :-) Ok, that was kinda dirty!

Our honeymoon in Hawaii was equally awesome... evenmore so!!! We stayed in Oahu (Waikiki Beach) for a week and another week in Maui (Wailea). We were able to explore the islands, while relaxing and being idle at the same time. It was great!!!



So, here I am today... After nearly two months of married bliss. We're starting to get use to living together... We're both neat freaks, so it all works out... I do our laundry (well I load them into the washer and dryer), iron clothes, wash the dishes (sometimes load them into the dish washer), clean the bathrooms, make up the bed (though, this is usually Rob's job), dust the furnitures, and vacuum... and Rob dries the dishes and puts them up, usually makes the bed up, washes his BMW, his motor cycle and my Honda Civic, mows the lawn and does all the yard work... And we've learned to share responsibilities on bills... I've been so independent with my own money that it's quite hard sharing it with him (though, I'm sure he feels the same way... lol), so it evens out! Rob and I have combined our checking accounts, savings accounts, credit card bills, stocks, cell phone bills, house mortgage, retirement plans, etc, etc... It was weird going to our bank right after we got back from Hawaii and combining everything, but Rob and I are extremely fortunate for having very high credit scores at such a young age... Usually, young couples have a lot of debt and have very low credit scores that when they get married, they combine their debts as well... but not us... The bank associate was shocked!!! It was pretty funny... Well, I'm glad everything turned out the way they did... and so, here we are!

1 Comments:

Blogger Christi and Justin Tyner said...

Yay! I'm glad you found my blog too!! And by the way your wedding was FABULOUS........absolutely beautiful! Congrats on the new marriage and hope God blesses it immeasurably!

4:16 PM, July 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home