Being Mrs. Walling

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take... but by the moments that take our breath away!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tallahassee, Florida

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Crazy Friends = Good Times

So, where to start??? Well, last time I wrote, I was meeting my girls at Atlanta Bread Co. for dinner... And so I met Jess, Emilia, Carla and Ashley there. We had a really great time; did a lot of catching up. We actually stayed there until way past their closing time... We just didn't even think about it and before we knew it, they were "kicking" us out... LOL... So, hopefully next time (and yes, I am talking to you, Jess... since I know you read this), it won't take another month or so before we have another girls' night/day out... whatever! Get your calendars out, ladies! Geez... Those emails sure have been a ton of fun, though... What will it be next time? Spa party? Yoga sessions? Destin Getaway? Poker Night? Alright... coordinate... Get on it, Jessica!!! hahaha!

So, our weekend was short, as usual... When would it ever be long enough though? lol... Anyways, Rob and I have been so spontaneous... We just do whatever we want, whenever we want it done! We've changed our plans so much, we barely even know what they are anymore, but that's the fun of it! And this, my friends... is the beauty of not having kids (YET)!!! So, to everyone who keeps asking "When are you having kids?"... Well, hold your horses, I say!!! PLEASE... I waited 5 whole years to be with this guy... 5 years to live with him under one roof, sleep in the same bed, cook for him, do his laundry, etc... So, let us enjoy our time together!!! Which is EXACTLY what we're doing right now!

For instance... being so spontaneous that we are, last Saturday, Rob and I drove around Tallahassee (with JB), looking at houses! So, we nixed the idea of doing rennovations in lieu of buying our "dream" house. Yes, we just woke up one morning and said "Hey, we should just buy our dream home already before having kids!"... Well, we looked and looked and decided that we're never going to find it, so we are now in the process of buying a lot. My very good friend, Jess, is helping us out! She works for Re/Max Capital Group Realty. We found a couple of good ones, in great school zones--very important--and are at least 2 acres--again, very important for Rob---me, not so much!!! Rob has a childhood friend who is now a contractor and he's thinking of hiring this guy to build our house. We're going to keep looking for better locations and Jess is constantly emailing me with new listings... so, we will get it within 6 months... hopefully by Christmas--if not, then after New Year's. We've been looking at Architectural books, magazines, websites for a blueprint of our dream home. So far we have a few great ideas, but we're not in a rush since we're thinking of building in a year or two. But it will be a really "trying" time because we're building it from scratch and have to make all the decisions... Since it won't be a cookie-cutter, we can't just pick out a model house from the contractor and start building... Everything has to be customized... As Rob says, i.e. from what type of roofing (shingles or steel) down to what type of door hinges... I know, I laughed at him when he said this, but he's so right! So, Rob and I have to start tightening our spending a little bit... because this is "IT"!!! We may be too young to be building our dream house and it will be a tough process... but... The thing is, by the time our kid(s) will be in high school, our mortgage would be paid off!!! How sweet is that? And we'll have a house that was built to meet our specifications... for us, by us :-) So, this would be REALLY really worth it!!! Plus, can you imagine how much a house like that would cost 10, 20, 30 years from now??? Well... that is, unless you live in Texas where you can still, to this day, build a 3600 sqft house for less than $250,000--which in Florida, would cost you an easy $1 MIL!!! Heck, living in Florida, if we waited long enough, we might not be able to even afford the lot, let alone the house!!! LOL

Anyways... this is supposed to be a "friends" post... but I just had to let my friends know what's up and what's new with us... so, that kinda goes with it, I guess... Well, that was the latest, guys!

Moving on... Saturday night was dinner with the in-laws. We met them at Famous Dave's... I like Smokey Bones a lot better though... *Sigh* We miss Smokey Bones!!! Darn! Sorry, Kev, your fave place shut down without notice!!! How horrible!

Sunday, we had a crazy time at the Showmans' (Katie and Brian's) house... Let's just say, ALL the guys were wasted!!! It sure was a lot of fun though! We had a kegger, some BBQ wings, chips n' dip, quiches, hamburgers, fish fillets, and for the ladies--fresh fruits and veggies... oh and wine coolers :-)




Cornholin'... cigars and beer!!! (Alex and Matt)




Grillin' some good 'ole burgers




Brian and Rob... Cornhole Kings... LOL




Katie, Brian and Jimmy... Hey, Easy on the keg, guys!!!




Jimmy, Ryan, and Mike... Nice shirt, Mike!




ARod, get out of the way... This was supposed to be Melissa's shot, dude!




ARod and his best friend... how cute!




The wives club... well, technically, we're missing the others...




Brian was so wasted!!!


After the party, we all decided to go to the FSU baseball playoffs... There's nothing more hilarious than sitting with a bunch of drunk guys, throwing out insults to the opponents. LOL... I laughed my ass off... That was more fun than the game itself! We can't really do that in football, because Doak Campbell is much bigger than the baseball stadium, plus we all have different season tickets and seats! Rob's crazy friends... Good times!!! Oh well... we lost, but it was still a ton of fun!




Dick Howser Stadium




North Facade of Doak Campbell stadium... Gosh, I miss football already!




Warming up!




Crazy, drunk kids...




Man, we forgot to wear our FSU shirts!




N-O-L-E-S.... Go Noles!!!


So, last night... I had more fun hanging out with mom, Aunt Helen and 9 of mom's friends, playing Bunco! I was one of the winners and took home a whopping $14 cash!!! LOL... I think I might join Melissa next time... she's always asked me to play with her group and I'm seriously thinking of joining her! It's just a pain to coordinate a bunch of ladies with busy lives... you need 12 to play Bunco!!!

Well, after the fun night with the ladies, my cousins came over to our house--Teppie, Nic and Bella! Teppie's visiting from the Philippines and Nic and Bella are from Atlanta.... Alright, Nic, you said you read my blog, eh??? LOL... Then, heed this, you crazy fool!!! Don't let another year freakin' pass by without seeing me... lol... well, I guess that won't be fair, would it? Alright, when we're in Atlanta, I'll definitely let you know!!! Fair? Oh also... remember what I told you... no more poppin' babies out faster than you can count 'em... hahaha!!! So, we might go out to dinner tonight, but it all depends if they're back from their trip to Jacksonville earlier today.

Well, that's all, folks... Hope you have an awesome week!!! Oh, yeah... it rained... yay! How 'bout that, huh?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

11:22 AM, November 11, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home