Being Mrs. Walling

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take... but by the moments that take our breath away!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tallahassee, Florida

Friday, June 22, 2007

Maddie

Last night, Rob and I went to visit Jenn Brewster (Bill Brewster's wife--son of Aunt Pam and Uncle Bill and Caroline's brother). I was about to get them the usual--flowers and balloons, but Rob's co-workers who are young parents said "You know what parents REALLY WANT???... DIAPERS!!!" They ARE so RIGHT!!! LOL... So, we brought them a bunch of diapers, onesies, wipes and bibs... The 4 necessities you can NEVER have ENOUGH OF according to new parents!!! See? I'm LEARNING a LOT here!!! It really IS a GREAT thing to have ALL these women in my life who can teach me a thing or two about what to expect...

Speaking of which... (we had my *early* birthday celebration at work yesterday)... and Cindy Cross came to celebrate with us (along with baby Jenna). She's still on Maternity Leave until September! And guess what she gave me??? Baby Books... The Number 1 Best Seller--"What To Expect When You're Expecting" and "35,000 Baby Names"!!! LOL... So, I have them sitting on my desk at work and everytime someone walks into my office, they immediately assume that Rob and I ARE expecting!!! GEE... thanks, Cindy!!! haha!

Jenn and the new baby are doing really great, despite having an induced labor... with (*GASP*) a REALLY huge baby! Well, their other daughter, Savannah (turning 2 this year) was even bigger. She was a whopping 10.10 lbs at birth!!! WHEW!!! And Both WERE NOT C-Sections either... Yup, you've READ that right! How's THAT for a birthing experience!!! Can you just IMAGINE?????? I think.... I'd RATHER NOT :-) !!!

I held the cute baby in my arms for almost an hour!!! Rob's kind of scared to hold newborns because they're so fragile... So, he just stood by me, touching the baby and holding her hand :-) Anyways, here's a rather grainy picture of us (since we forgot our camera and we only had our cell phones)!!!




Madison Corinne Brewster
9.9 lbs, 18.75 inches
10:45 PM, June 20, 2007
The Women's Pavilion
Tallahassee Memorial Hospital


Welcome to the family, Maddie!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home