Being Mrs. Walling

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take... but by the moments that take our breath away!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tallahassee, Florida

Thursday, June 28, 2007

The Quarter Life

I'm so exhausted!!! Another crazy week has gone by... and before I knew it, the weekend's here AGAIN... *Sigh*! But this weekend's a lot different... I'm turning 25 on Saturday!

Well, last weekend wasn't too bad. My parents had a BBQ cookout at their house because we had relatives come visit from Miami on Friday night--The Solomon family. They came to drop off Angela--their daughter--and all her belongings as she starts the ever-life-changing college experience at...... where else? No other than... The Florida State University!!! I was so excited... she picked the best school!!! She could've gone to University of Miami (our rival school) or the University of Florida (our other BIG rival school), but that kid has got SOME sense in her and she is now officially a Seminole :-) So, she was asking for some advice and I could've given her the whole, lengthy Been-There-Done-That speech... but nope... I kept it to a mininmum! Two things she only NEEDED to know... a.) Where exactly to park b/c everybody knows how horrible parking is at FSU... and b.) to never EVER forget her cell phone... EVER!!!... and of course there are a lot more, but she'll live and learn like the rest of us... Besides, why spoil it for the Freshman???

The rest of the weekend was just busy... running errands and doing chores. And like I've mentioned on the previous posts, we've been looking at homesites and lots... The highlight of the weekend was Billy's birthday dinner on Sunday night at his parents' house--Pam and Bill... Uncle Bill cooked some awesome steaks. I'm not so big on steaks, but he did a great job, I must say!!!

Work has been really busy... I've been desperately trying to finish some web applications before next week... Because, as we all know it--everybody will be taking the rest of next week off for the 4th... except little 'ole me!!! But I'm perfectly happy to be having a break in the middle of next week :-)

So, as I said earlier... I'll be 25 this weekend. It just so happened that Rob's 10-year High school reunion (Lincoln High class of 1997) is this weekend as well. The festivities start tomorrow, Friday night--cocktail hour at Cafe Cabernet. Then Saturday morning is "The Tour of Lincoln"... Yes, our high school has changed A LOT since I've been there... Let alone, since Rob's been there!!! We're still debating if we're doing the "tour"... I suppose it all depends whether or not we have a huge hang-over from the night before!!! LOL... Saturday night, is the formal dinner at Killearn Country Club and Inn--the same venue we held our Wedding Rehearsal Dinner and is where Rob and dad always play golf at! Mama and I went dress shopping the other day. She bought me a cute dress for my birthday, which I'll be wearing to the formal dinner.

Sunday night will be my birthday dinner with our families. We still don't know where we're going... I've got some great suggestions, so we'll just see what we feel like having and go from there...

On Monday, I get to celebrate with Jess, Em, Ash and Carla... We're going shopping, then dinner at Ruby Tuesday! Kevin's going to football camp in South Florida this weekend. He's leaving tomorrow... So, we're going to dinner with him tonight... just in case he can't make it back in time on Sunday night!

Then, we're spending the 4th at the beach house in Alligator Point! I think dad's taking us fishing... so, JB, you better be ready!!! LOL... It's going to be one heck of a weekend (and week next week)... How's that to start off the other quarter of my life, huh?!?!

Well... hope your weekend will be as fun and exciting as mine!!! Next time I blog, I will have LOTS of stories and pictures from all the parties :-)!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

7:36 AM, July 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home