Being Mrs. Walling

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take... but by the moments that take our breath away!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tallahassee, Florida

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

What a weekend!!!

We started off the weekend with a lot of fun... Friday night, we went to the first Downtown Getdown of the season. My mom and dad were supposed to go to the grand re-opening of Beau Rivage in Biloxi on Friday morning, but they've decided to stay home instead. So, Rob and I convinced them to go to the Downtown Getdown with us. They had a ton of activities set up... There were portable rock-wall climbing, rock bands, yummy food stands, basketball booths, bars, and of course a bunch of Seminole fans decked out in Garnet and Gold in a jam-packed Adams street! My mom and I danced all night to some classic beats courtesy of the Acme Rhythm and Blues Band, while my dad and Rob had a one-on-one beer time... Some of the Marching Chiefs were there, as well as the Seminole Cheerleaders. We also saw a bunch of our friends, who stopped by to chat and share a drink or two... We stayed there until almost midnight, when my dad had the munchies. So, we stopped by Pizza Hut on our way home... That was really a lot of fun, so we decided to go again to this coming Friday's Downtown Getdown (with a beach theme), but this time we're bringing more friends with us!

Then, Saturday was the first home game of the season against Troy. I didn't bring my camera because I thought it might rain, so these pictures (to the left and below) are courtesy of the Tallahassee Democrat.

The tailgate party was great as usual... Rob and I really missed the food and the company!!! As we were pulling up in our designated parking spot (which by the way was in the stadium VIP parking because Rob's parents are boosters and we hold season tickets), we got really excited at the sight and sound of "tailgating"!!!



Rob's parents ride in their friends' RV everytime we have a home game... So, we had to walk over to the RV parking lot to tailgate...
These are some typical tailgate pics :-) Here, you can see the fans having fun with their Flippy Cup tournaments, which they even have an official referee sitting in the middle... haha!

And then came the game against Troy... Well, I'm speechless!!! The Seminoles won in an unimpressive way, so we'll just see how it goes this weekend against Clemson, whose head coach is Bobby Bowden's son!!! It is one of the biggest games for us this season and always a pleasure to watch as a father goes against his son!

This was one of the highlights of the game... a blocked kick, costing the Trojans a field goal :-)


And here to the right is FSU's biggest game player of the season (so far)... Geno Hayes of Greenville, FL (Madison County), where Rob's cousin Jimmy lives! He has played very well and consistently with both Miami and Troy games!!! He is only a sophomore and yet he has shown great skills... This man is going to make it BIG!!!

So, the game ended pretty early, since kickoff was at 6 pm, and also due to some rule changes in the NCAA... It has something to do with the clock setting and stuff, which makes football games shorter by at least 20 minutes. Well, so far, this has worked to our advantage! So, Go NOLES!!!

On Sunday, Rob and I went to two birthday parties... We went to Rob's cousin, Emily Montford's house at noon for their son, Jake's 3rd birthday!!! I can't believe he's 3 already! I can still remember going to Emily's baby shower like it was yesterday... And now, here's Jake--who looks like Rob when he was a baby!!! There were several pictures of Rob when he was little that looked exactly like Jake, with both their blond hair, blue eyes and all!!! He loves everything John Deere, like his toy in the background and he constantly outsmarts his dad! Like this one time, (FYI, Jake's very hyper) he was playing with his toys and banging on them and what not, so his dad goes "Jake, if you keep playing with your toys like that, we're going to give them to other children who'll take good care of them!"... and Jakes says "But dad, why would you want to give broken toys to other children???"... haha!!! That just made my day!!!... Aahh... that kid is so stinkin' cute and he dresses all preppy and stuff.. such a chick magnet... He is going to be a heart-breaker some day!!!

On Sunday night, we went to Pam and Bill Brewster's house for Savannah's first birthday!!! She is such a darling!!! Here's the only picture I have of her, from my bridal shower... she's sitting on her grandma Pam's lap and being such a good little angel that she is!!! I just love kissing those cheeks... so adorable!!!

Monday, I had to miss work for my citizenship interview... What better day to do it than on the fifth anniversary of 9/11!!! Rob and I drove to Jacksonville... This time, we took my new car, since he's been complaining about all the miles we've put on his BMW during our Miami trip and my car's finally reached 1200 miles (so it's officially been "broken in"), so we can now drive it on the interstate... whoopee!!!

So, I went in for my interview... the lady who interviewed me said that was the shortest interview she's ever done!!! I explained to her that I should have applied for citizenship 4 years ago, but I didn't have the time to do it because of school and wedding plans... so, there I was! I was so proud of myself since it's been a while (in high school) that I took US History and I didn't even study for the interview... well, thanks to AP US History in 11th and AP American Government in 12th grade!!! So, now I just have to wait for a few weeks to get my appointment letter to take my Oath... It looks like, we're going back to Jacksonville in a month or so...

After the interview, Rob and I went to the Landing, ate lunch and did some shopping... Monday night, Rob's team (the Catfish) had another game... Some of his friends' girlfriends, fiancees and wives were there, so we had a little cheering squad going on... I think that our enthusiasm helped them win 12-10!!! So, that's 2-0 for the Catfish so far... and the same goes for our Seminoles!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

Hi Kerstin! I didnt know you werent a US citizen! Ruco isnt either, hes from South Africa, and we are going through all that too. We are going on Wednesday for his fingerprints! Looks like you guys had a blast last weekend! GO NOLES!!!

7:18 PM, September 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home